Attention Parents/Guardians and Students:
All students must be accompanied by their parent or guardian when attending sporting events. Students are not permitted to be unsupervised before or during home athletic events. They are to either be with a teacher for afterschool help or they are to head home and return with an adult.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and helping to ensure the safety of your student.
Our Athletic program consists of five sports including track, boys basketball, girls basketball, wrestling and girls volleyball. Our middle school athletic philosophy is as follows:
- The middle level athletic program emphasizes participation by a large number of participants. We believe in the "no-cut" policy and in the importance of students having an opportunity to play in every contest.
- We believe that participating in a middle school sport should be a positive experience for kids. Each participant should be made to feel an important part of the team's effort regardless of that individual's skill level.
- We believe in skill development and we emphasize this in our program. We believe every student can improve his or her skills with help, practice and encouragement.
- We believe in healthy competition, but winning is not our main objective—participation is. We believe winning is the natural result of kids doing their very best in practices and games in a cooperative effort. Success lies not in being the best, but in doing one's best. We want to help in any way possible to bring out the best in our students. We expect our teams to grow and develop an attitude that reflects team spirit, cooperation, and pride.
- We believe that every student participant should exhibit excellent sportsmanship at all times. It is our responsibility to set the example and provide guidance for students who fall short of this goal.
There are no eligibility requirements at the middle school level. However, prior to a student's participation, an athletic emergency card, signed athletic code of conduct, and fee payment are required. An athlete who has a financial hardship may request a waiver of the athletic fee.
Each season practices will be from 3:15-4:05pm, Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Late buses will leave at 4:15pm. All athletic events (meets/games) will begin NO EARLIER than 4:30 p.m. The only exception will be for home track meets - field events will begin at 4:00 p.m. There are no late buses on Wednesdays. Practices will conclude in time for the athletes to ride the late bus home. Transportation is provided from Thunder Ridge Middle School to the school at which the sport is played and then back to Thunder Ridge after the game.
6th/7th/8th Grades: August 21 - September 27 $60.00 printable Track schedule
8th Grade: September 30 – November 20 $60.00 printable 8th Grade schedule
7th Grade: September 30 – October 23 $30.00 printable 7th Grade schedule
6th Grade: November 3 – December 4 $30.00 printable 6th Grade schedule
8th Grade: December 5 – January 27 $60.00 printable 8th Grade schedule
7th Grade: December 5 – January 13 $30.00 printable 7th Grade schedule
6th Grade: January 15 – February 10 $30.00 printable 6th Grade schedule
6th/7th/8th Grades: February 12- March 21 $60.00 printable Wrestling schedule
8th Grade: April 6 – May 12 $60.00 printable 8th Grade schedule
7th Grade: April 6 – April 23 $30.00 printable 7th Grade schedule
6th Grade: April 24 – May 19 $30.00 printable 6th Grade schedule