Attention Parents/Guardians and Students:
All students must be accompanied by their parent or guardian when attending sporting events. Students are not permitted to be unsupervised before or during home athletic events. They are to either be with a teacher for afterschool help or they are to head home and return with an adult.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and helping to ensure the safety of your student.
Our Athletic program consists of five sports including track, boys basketball, girls basketball, wrestling and girls volleyball. Our middle school athletic philosophy is as follows:
- The middle level athletic program emphasizes participation by a large number of participants. We believe in the "no-cut" policy and in the importance of students having an opportunity to play in every contest.
- We believe that participating in a middle school sport should be a positive experience for kids. Each participant should be made to feel an important part of the team's effort regardless of that individual's skill level.
- We believe in skill development and we emphasize this in our program. We believe every student can improve his or her skills with help, practice and encouragement.
- We believe in healthy competition, but winning is not our main objective—participation is. We believe winning is the natural result of kids doing their very best in practices and games in a cooperative effort. Success lies not in being the best, but in doing one's best. We want to help in any way possible to bring out the best in our students. We expect our teams to grow and develop an attitude that reflects team spirit, cooperation, and pride.
- We believe that every student participant should exhibit excellent sportsmanship at all times. It is our responsibility to set the example and provide guidance for students who fall short of this goal.
There are no eligibility requirements at the middle school level. However, prior to a student's participation, an athletic emergency card, signed athletic code of conduct, and fee payment are required. An athlete who has a financial hardship may request a waiver of the athletic fee.
Each season practices will be from 3:55-4:40 pm, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Late buses will leave at 4:45pm. All athletic events (meets/games) will begin when the visiting team arrives. There are no late buses on Fridays. Practices will conclude in time for the athletes to ride the late bus home. Transportation is provided from Thunder Ridge Middle School to the school at which the sport is played and then back to Thunder Ridge after the game.
6th/7th/8th Grades: August 16 - September 23 $60.00
8th Grade: September 25 – November 30 $60.00
7th Grade: September 25 – November 2 $30.00
6th Grade: November 6 – November 30 $30.00
8th Grade: December 4 – February 6 $60.00
7th Grade: December 4 – January 11 $30.00
6th Grade: Jan. 18 (subject to change) – Feb. 6 $30.00
6th/7th/8th Grades: February 7- March 17 $60.00
8th Grade: March 19 – May 9 $60.00
7th Grade: March 19 – April 16 $30.00
6th Grade: April 26– May 9 $30.00